Located on the picturesque grounds of Cheshire Lutheran Church, our Memorial Garden and Columbarium is a place to remember our congregants and honor those not only inurned, but those memorialized with plaques.
It is a place for reflection and prayer.
Dedicated on July 24, 2016, it is an alternative to the traditional cemetery and a place for inurnment of ashes. Many have found comfort in knowing eternal rest is close to their church home.
Learn more about our Memorial Garden and Columbarium below, for example who can be inurned, locations available, what the process is, who to contact, as well as access to our pamphlet and it’s construction video.
Who can be inurned at the Memorial Garden and Columbarium?
The Pastoral staff shall determine eligibility for inurnment in accordance with the following:
- The deceased shall be a Christian
- A member or former member of Cheshire Lutheran Church
- An ordained minister who has served as a pastor of Cheshire Lutheran Church
- An employee or former employee of Cheshire Lutheran Church
- A spouse and natural, adopted, or foster or step parent, child or grandchild of anyone eligible for inurnment
- A rostered clergyperson or commissioned church worker of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
- An individual recommended for inurnment by Pastoral Staff and approved by the chair of the Columbarium Committee
How are Columbarium Sites selected?
Selection of a memorial plaque or inurnment site is made by the subscriber depending on availability. A record of all payments, sites and documents is maintained in the church office.
What is the current cost of inurnment and/or a Memorial Plaque?
Contact our church office or any one of our committee members to learn more about the costs.
How is a Memorial Plaque or inurnment Niche acquired?
First, you should arrange to speak with the Pastor of the church for guidance, followed by discussion with any Memorial Garden and Columbarium Committee member. Subscription documents are available at the church and should be completed, followed by contact with any member of the Committee.
- Don Drust
- Walt Gancarz
- John Mulvaney
- Vicki DePaolo
- Linda Gancarz
- Randy Raddatz
- Pat DiDomizio
- Margie Mertz
- Beth Soulier
- Judy DiDomizio
- Priscilla Mulvaney
- Tim Weiland
Contact our church office or any one of our committee members to learn more.